Today, we’re shipping a set of docs that go over all the core concepts of Basedash. It can be used as a guide to getting started with the tool, or a help center to learn about certain features of the product. You can access the docs at docs.basedash.com.
The docs are full of screenshots and videos showing off the product, and how to use specific features. Some sections include interactive demos to show off exactly how features work in the app.
We also include connection guides for all major hosting providers, with full videos showing where to find the data you need to connect your database to Basedash. For example, here’s our connection guide for DigitalOcean.
This is a living set of documents and will continue to evolve as we build the product. Let us know if there’s something you’d like to see added to the docs by joining our Slack community.
Other improvements and fixes
- Improved performance of initial app load
- Updated modal UIs for consistency
- Updated data sources to default to expanded in the sidebar after initial connection
- Eliminated loading time for data sources in the Data tab
- Eliminated records reloading after changing attribute visibility in view builder
- Eliminated records reloading after reordering attributes in view builder
- Removed ability to select disconnected data sources when creating a view
- Added a warning toast for tables with composite primary keys
- Added loading spinner to data sources in sidebar when syncing
- Added health indicator to data sources when creating a view
- Fixed Slack notification switch not immediately appearing disabled after toggling
- Fixed hiding attributes through the view builder sidebar removing that attribute permanently
- Fixed enums not showing as dropdowns in raw tables
- Fixed data sources not loading in Data tab in some cases
- Fixed views being uneditable in some cases
- Fixed dropdown cells not being editable in some cases
- Fixed Slack notifications not sending in all cases