Data source configuration
Privacy and security are absolutely essential when dealing with user data. We spend a lot of time building features and processes around this—things like activity history, roles + permissions, and configurable views. Today, we're introducing a big new feature: data source configuration.
This new feature lets you configure how your data can be accessed from Basedash in a few key ways:
- You can fully disconnect certain attributes or tables that you don't want anyone on your team to access.
- You can also toggle what's editable, in case you have certain attributes that contain sensitive PII, or are linked to external business logic.
- Finally, you can also customize the display name of data sources, tables, and attributes. We provide sane defaults that make your data more accessible to non-technical users, but you always have the final say. Note that this does not change your underlying database in any way, just the way it gets displayed in Basedash.
These new fine-grained settings give you full control over what you and your teammates can access through Basedash, improving privacy and security. We have plans to add even more customization in the future—follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with the latest updates to Basedash.
Other improvements and fixes
- Improved loading performance of views and raw tables
- Improved styling of collapsible sidebar sections
- Updated Optional text on form fields
- Updated icons used on data sources
- Updated cursor used on date cells
- Updated styling of input fields across the app
- Updated styling of search bar to match other inputs
- Updated search bar text in sidebar to "Jump to"
- Updated chart colors
- Fixed certain dropdowns being resizable
- Fixed views with many attributes not loading
- Fixed background color on JSON fields not matching theme
- Fixed form panel title overflowing
- Fixed loading spinner behaving erratically
- Fixed data not updating when switching between SQL views
- Fixed pagination icons not being consistent
- Fixed tooltip text in view settings
- Fixed vertical alignment of chips in activity page